Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

CSI Case File #27

Howdy Bloggers hope you are all well! I have just come by to quickly share my entry into this week's Case over at CSI:Color Stories Inspiration. I actually have a pretty exciting blog post to put up later tonight (so in a few hours time). For now but, checkout the case file we had to work from over at CSI. 
I actually really struggled with this palette a lot even though I originally had this amazing layout planned. I think being sick all week and feeling sorry for myself was probably the reason for my lack of creativity but I am semi-happy with the end result.


The awesome chipboard is of course from A2Z Scraplets and I have created both pieces very similarly. Firstly they both got a coat of Crackle Paint (Mustard Seed for the Star & Broken China for the Title) and when they were dry (which was overnight thanks to the horrid weather brrr) I have embossed over the Crackle roughly with WOW Embossing Powders (Sour Lemon for the Star & Pastel Blue for the Title) Once they were embossed, I sprayed lots of different inks etc to bring out the Cracks and add some sparkle. (Inks/Sprays Used: Mustard Seed Distress Stain, Broken China Distress Stain, Cappucino Perfect Pearls Spray, Sour Apple Perfect Pearls Spray)


How cool does that background look? I have created this background using various products. Firstly I have added some Gesso using my Harlequin 12x12 Crafters Workshop Stencil and once that was dry, I have sprayed the entire background with Sea Glass Glimmer Mist. The Sea Glass was just my very pale starting point. I then went in with  few spritzes of Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Spray Delphinuim Turquoise before zapping with my heat tool. Next I have added some splatters using some Dylusions Ink Sprays (Lemon Zest, Cut Grass & London Blue). If you are unsure how to splatter, it is super simple. Just unscrew the nozzle off your spray and flick it really fast. Do up and down flicks to have splodgey circles or go on an angle across your page for long splatters with tails. Ooh checkout the uber cute Tree Charm from Handmade Halo!


My last additions to my background was to add some distress ink (Walnut Stain) using my Blending Tool. I love how the texture shows up! Then some bling (Sparkles) using some fab Yellow Rhinestone Strips I have here from Molossi. I just chose some very random diamonds in the background pattern to highlight and I have also stuck some some stickers from the Spotted Owl Soup Collection from Jillibean Soup. All patterned papers used are also from the Spotted Owl Soup Collection.


Lastly the border (how cool is it?) I have used one of the papers from the Spotted Owl Soup Collection from Jillibean Soup. I went around the edges with a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set and inked the edges using my Walnut Stain Distress Ink. My next step was to remove the centre and I didn't want to do it messily because I wanted to be able to use the centre piece for another project. The simplest way was with my Paper Trimmer however I have a Rotary Trimmer so it is hard to perfectly line up the corners so I simply cut the line leaving about an inch at the top and an inch at the bottom. Once all 4 sides were done I have finished off cutting with a craft knife and a ruler. I love how this turned out and after adhering to the paper, I have machine stitched around and then scrunched up some bits before Inking up the edges of the Background Cardstock piece.

Well that's it from me for now, but be sure to keep an eye out for a super exciting next blog post that might just have Candy :)

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx