Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Monday, June 25, 2012

EVEN MORE A2Z Scraplets New Releases Part 3

WOW I cannot believe it, but we are finally through ALL of the amazing new releases for this month at A2Z Scraplets. Checkout my last few examples below and click here to visit the full post on the A2Z Website with the entire release Part 3..

My first layout was created using the gorgeous new Butterfly Shape plus an older A2Z Title, Gorgeous. 







For this layout, I decided to cut up the gorgeous Butterfly and use as wings on this fussy cut picture of my darling Chloe. The original photo was her sitting in a bucket and it looked really silly LOL. The background of my layout consists of a 10x10 Piece of Canvas that I have covered in Gesso, Cheesecloth and then used the wings as a mask. I then created borders using some beautiful Prima Papers.
Amy Prior - Layout 1 GORGEOUS - using Big Butterfly PLUS Gorgeous Script Word 600x600

The wings themself were decorated with some more mist (after being used as a mask with pink) so I sprayed some Purples and then using my Versamark Marker, I have embossed the edges with WOW Opaque White Embossing Powder.


The chipboard title simply had a quick coat of Viva Silver Metal Paint and then a layer of Glossy Accents for Dimension. 


Clustered around the "Ice Bucket" is a gorgeous garden of layers. There is beautiful lace from Green Tara & Prima, some Winter Icicle Prima Branches and then a tonne of gorgeous flowers from Prima, Kaisercraft & Manor House Creations. 


Checkout all the cool closeup details and all that texture I love it!


The next layout I have to share is using a fabulous new chipboard that I designed sort of LOL well I thought of it! 

SAD PANDA! Isn't he cute? Now I don't have a pic to share but the chipboard panda is actually supposed to be attached to the workds but I decided to trim him off for this layout. 

Sad Panda - Sudoku Fail

I created this layout using the BasicGrey Picadilly Collection. The title chipboard was covered with Red Paint and then outlined with a Sharpie. I decided that the red I chose didn't work, so I added some Stickles over the top very roughly and I am uber happy with it now.


LOL this layout makes me literally LOL but the funniest bit was the Sudoku Toilet Paper Packaging which I am so upset that I did not keep. The marketing slogan was "PROCRASTINATE DON'T CONSTIPATE" hehehehe now this roll of toilet paper cost me $2 and after hanging a pen up in the toilet, was the talk of the night.


The cute little panda received a coating of Mother of Pearl Viva Metal Paint and then outlined with a Sharpie. 


I did lots of stitching on this layout which I LOVE. I think it breaks up the patterns perfectly and I hand cut the sun out of Patterned Paper. I simply Cut a circle using my circle cutter and then snipped towards the centre LOL. Easy Peesy. A 1 inch circle punch on top and Voila! Mind you this was super hard to sew and only for the brave at heart. You have been warned! (Don't worry I stuffed up big time but tucked those bits behind the photo)hehehe. 


The next fabulous A2Z Scraplets Release I have used is this awesome Circle Page Frame. My mind went nuts when I saw this because I had a thousand ideas running through my head like cutting it up into sections, doing a connect 4 style page, soooo many options but I decided to go with this idea in the end... I also used the Just Too Cute TITLE and the Nested Scallop Frames (largest)


The papers I have used for this layout are from the Scrap Cake My Private Happiness Collection which is probably one of my faves from the Scrap Cake!

IMG_0193

As you can see, I have decided to cover the Frame with paper and only cut out a few of the Circles.

The best bit was that all the circles I have used to stack up on the layout are from the frame itself. There is soooo much chipboard you could play with! I used all of the circles on this layout, but I could have been more sparing if I wanted to save some.


 The fabulous Title was coated with some Turquoise Metal Viva Paint. Simple yet effective enough to pop it off the page.


The Scalloped Frame was coated with Viva Metal Paint as well but Hot Pink this time. 


Last but not least is a 10x10 Shadow Box I have made to pay tribute to my dad using the new Small Gates. 

Amy Prior - Layout 5 OTP FRAME - Cheers Dad - Gates Small 600x600

I have had this frame painted for a while now but it has taken sometime for me to get to finish it and the gates inspired me to get it done. The frame is simply covered in Espresso Paint Dabber from Ranger and then a layer of Crackle Medium followed by a spray of Suede Glimmer Mist. I love how the Glimmer Pools into the cracks.


The chipboard gate was coated with a spray of Dark Brown Glimmer Mist. 


Once all the flowers etc were in I have added the gates followed by some Pearl Flourishes and then some Natural Twin that has a little Dove Charm dangling off. 


The background was an old box I cut up and ripped and distressed. I then added my photo and started to add some Gesso and Gold tone Glimmer Glazes. 

WOWZER that is it for the June Releases from me and be sure to join myself and the rest of the A2Z Scraplets team on Sunday 1st July for our fabulous Blog Hop starting at 8.30am AEST. 


Until next time...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx