Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Friday, June 22, 2012

A2Z Scraplets June NEW RELEASES - Part 1

Hi everyone! Have you seen the first part of the June Releases over at A2Z Scraplets? OMG you need to head on over here and check them out! 

For now here are a few of my Designs using some of the Part 1 new release goodies...

First up is a layout using the gorgeous new title "Cute as a Bug"


I have created this layout on some Kraft Cardstock which I added a fabulous Chicken Wire pattern using a fabulous Crafter's Workshop Template with some Gesso. When this was dry, I sprayed the entire background with Creme Brulee Cream Lindys Stampgang Starburst Spray for some added shimmer. 

Amy Prior - Layout 8 - Cute as a bug - Cute as a bug title 600x600

I just love to add lots of layering! Especially with amazing pops of colour and the Scrap Cake My Private Happiness Papers are sooo much fun to work with! After fussy cutting, trimming and border punching some papers from this range, I decided to add some more dramatic pops of colours with some Paper Doilies that I have sprayed with Hottie Patottie Pink  & Californian Gold Poppy Lindys Stampgang Starburst Stain Sprays.


This super cute Chipboard Title received a coat of Gesso Primer and then was coloured in with Faber Castell Aquarell Pencils. Once that was dry, I have sprayed a heavy amount of Perfect Pearls Bicotti so it pooled up in sections and then using my heat tool, I dried the Perfect Pearls Mist pushing the pools of mist to  sit where I wanted. 


The fabulous Beaded Trim & Flowers used for this layout are almost all available from Handmade Halo.


This next layout is created using the fabulous new title chipboard "Linked By Love


For this layout I have used the fabulous Pink Paislee London Market Collection. 

Amy Prior - Layout 9 - Linked By Love - Linked By Love Title 600x600

I have used my favourite paint medium, Liquid Pearls to decorate this gorgeous title. Once they were dry I have added a divine Antique Bronze Charm from Handmade Halo.


I chose to add lots of contrast to this layout using spots of Dark Brown paper from the London Market Collection. A Border Punch used randomly helped larger bits pop out of the Dark Brown and then lots of Dark Brown Stitching helped too. I just love Machine Stitching on my layouts and I am slowly getting better at it!


The gorgeous Beaded Trim on this layout is again from Handmade Halo. I am just in love with these new beaded trims as they add dimension and sparkle and prettiness hehehe. There are also a few Handmade Halo Charms peaking out from the Assortment of Manor House Creations Flowers & Prima Marketing Branch Vine.


The final touch to this layout was a gorgeous Cream Resin Bird from Handmade Halo. The Cream was a bit too light for my liking so I have added some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls to the top of the Birds. I just love how these turned out. 


For this next layout, I have used the New Release Title "Simply You" and the "Nested Scalloped Circles 1"

The papers I have used for this layout are from the Scrap Cake Brighter Side of Life Collection. I just adore this collection of papers even if they are a bit older now. 

Amy Prior - Layout 7 - Simply You - Simply You title PLUS Nested Scalloped Circle 600x600

The Scalloped Nested Circle was given a coat of Suede Glimmer Mist and then a coat of another Brown Glimmer Mist that I cannot see the name on the bottle anymore hehehe. I then adhered this to the background paper and cut sections with my craft knife like a pie with a ruler...


Then I simply got a paintbrush and curled up each wedge using a paintbrush handle. Once all the curls were done, I adhered the photo to underneath. I then reinforced it with a piece of 12x12 Cardstock.


I then added a tonne of gorgeous flowers on the inside of the curls. This also helped keep the curls in place :) The flowers vary from Green Tara, Dusty Attic, Prima Marketing & Kaisercraft.


The fabulous chipboard title was embossed in my Big Shot using a Spotty Embossing Folder. Next up I coated the chipboard with some Pink Paint and then, once the paint was dry, I have inked the top with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink gently so only the embossed spots got the ink. I love embossing chipboard but be warned that delicate Chipboard Titles like this might become brittle. 


The final touches to the layout was to add the Chipboard Title over the photo sneaking out from the flowers and finally some Pink String Pearls around the circle. I just added a couple of small dots of Helmar Tiger Grip Glue before twirling the pearls around. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to keep an eye out for the rest of the awesome June New Releases from A2Z Scraplets!!!! I designed 10 projects for this month's new release and this is only 3 so stay tuned..

Until next time....happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx