Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Off the Page with WOW!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to quickly share with you all a fabulous Coat/Hat Hanger that I have made for my beautiful niece's naming day this weekend. The Coat Hook was purchased raw from MDF Magic and then I have coated it with Gesso to Prime it before decorating. 


The gorgeous paper covering the background is from the Spring Jubilee Collection from Pink Paislee. I have also created a Mini Album full of gorgeous photos of my baby niece with this same paper range and of course WOW Embossing Powders and you can see that on the WOW Blog here on Friday.


After the paper was adhered and dried, I have used a Tattered Angels Glimmer Screen that was the shape of a heart, to ink the surface with my Embossing ink pad. I then sprinkled over some Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from WOW and heated. I just love using these embossing powders! They melt perfectly everytime and I am never dissapointed with the effect I get.


Embossed surfaces always act as a resist to water based sprays and inks so I have then sprayed some White Chalkboard Mist from Tattered Angels as well as some Lindys Stampgang Starburst Sprays in Cotton Candy Pink & Carpathian Bluebells. The final touches to the background was to cut in half and add this gorgeous White Imperial Flourish from ZVA Creative


After adding a couple of small clusters of flowers, I have topped off the coat hanger with a gorgeous butterfly from A2Z Scraplets. This beautiful chippie has been coated with 2 different shades of Pink Liquid Pearls swirled around before dry and then some fabulous Flourish with a Bling Pearls on the body.

The hangers themselves also got a touch of glam with some fabulous Resin Flowers from Handmade Halo and some String Pearls wrapped around. This has turned out so divine and pretty and my girls are so sad that I haven't made it for their rooms! 

Thanks so much for looking and be sure to click on the links and support the fabulous businesses that I design for.

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xxxxx

P.S. Don't forget to visit the Passion 4 Paper Booth if you are heading to the Scrapbook Expo at Brisbane June 9-11