Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A2Z Scraplets May Sketch Challenge

Hi there! Have you seen the new sketch challenge over on the A2Z Scraplets Blog? I just adore all Pagemaps sketches so of course this month's sketch choice by Holly was no different. 


I decided to use the beautiful soft tones in the Songbird Collection from Prima for these beautiful Instagram photos that I took sky high somewhere over the heart of Australia. 


There is lots of beautiful texture on this layout that was created with distressing and adding Cheesecloth and Embossing.


The Beautiful A2Z Scraplets that I have used for this layout are 3 little birdies from the Shapes - Birdcage 5 set. I have used the Birdcage the leftover 1 bird on a seperate layout which just shows how amazing these scraplets are for value!


The birds have had a rough layer of Crackle paint added followed by some layers of inking and then topped off with some WOW White Embossing Powder. These are all very random and I just love the shabby overall effect it created. 


The Cheesecloth has been glued down using Helmar PVA Glue to ensure that id dried clear. I really wanted a rough look for the cheesecloth so I went to town ripping, tearing and poking holes before I adhered.


A touch of glimmer was added by using Perfect Pearls and water over this Embossed Stamped image which of course resisted the water.


Thanks so much for looking and be sure to head on over to the A2Z Scraplets Blog to checkout the amazing designs from the rest of the incredible Design Team!

Until next time....Happy Scrapping!

Amy Prior xxx