Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Cardabilities Sketch #51

WOW another fabulous Card Sketch from Karan Gerber this month over at Cardabilities. Click here to check it out and enter your take.

Here is my take on the sketch using the amazing new line from My Minds Eye "Miss Caroline". I just adore the wood and bright colours of this collection and mixed with the amazing WOW Embossing Powders just really made this card POP!


The WOW Embossing Powder colours used are Bay Area Blue, Whirly Pop & California Sunshine which are all from the Suzy West Collections. To create the effects shown I simply inked all my edges with Versamark and then sprinkled, tapped & heated. 


The Scallop Doiley has been cut using my Nested Scalloped Circles Quickutz Die and these beautiful flowers were cut using My Favorite Things Flower Layers Die. I have used the Miss Caroline Collection Papers for these die cuts and have also embossed all the edges.


A closeup of some of the beautiful detail of the papers and the embossing.


And lastly, a closeup of these gorgeous flowers. After embossing the edges of these, I have simply curled the petals upwards before using the brads to join the layers together.

Thanks so much for looking and until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy P xxx