Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Scrap Cake, Echo Park & we have a WINNER!

Ok so this will be a super quick post as it is 1am here at the moment but I just had to share some fabulous cards I have made recently. People often ask me if my cards ever fit into the envelopes and the answer is YES! I never use flowers etc that I know won't "bounce" back if squashed a little in an envelope and great glue is always the key! Scrap Dots by Helmar are my fave!

Ok so onto the first card, I have a dear friends wedding coming up and although I had planned on making her a card that would match her theme, I ended up the complete opposite as I just fell in love with these Scrap Cake Papers! The Collection is "The Bright Side of Life Collection"and you can purchase these papers here on my website.


As you can see, I have used these gorgeous papers to also make some flowers using the My Favorite Things Die Namics here. There are also some amazing Manor House Creations flowers in this cluster as well as Prima & Kaisercraft! 


Checkout the gorgeous detail in the machine stitching and I am in love with this metal frame from the Girls Paperie and we sell the set of 2 frames here for only $5.99! The stamp I have used is a Stampin Up stamp I am pretty sure and the little birdie is a Wooden Flourish from Kaisercraft that I have simply painted and then Glimmer Misted. You can see our range of Glimmer Mist products on the website here.



Next up is this gorgeous Valentines Day Card that  I have created using the new Yours Truly Collection from Echo Park. I have had these love heart doilies in my stash for a while now and was unsure how to use them so when creating this card I knew exactly what I wanted to do! 


We do not have this collection in the shop yet but please feel free to leave a comment here if you would like me to order this collection in. I really wanted to add black to this card without too much grunge so I have lightly inked all the edges as well as machine sewn. The Scalloped ribbon used was actually 1 thick piece of Scalloped Velvet Ribbon from a Websters Trim Pack that I have cut down the centre and then left only the scallops showing. The small amount of contrast I feel has definately gone a long way.



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my cards as much as I enjoyed making them! Before I go I have to announce the winner of our $50 voucher giveaway!!!!!

Drum Roll Please.......................


And the winner is.........................................





...............................................
...................


Julene Matthews!!!!! 

Congratulations hunnie please email amy_prior@live.com so I can send you your voucher WOO HOO!!!!!

Thanks for reading everyone and until next time....

....happy scrapping!

Amy xxx