Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Monday, January 23, 2012

WOW Factor!

WOW what a busy time I have had recently! With Design Team projects to catch up on as well as work after being in hospital and then The Scrapbooking Haven hosted a fabulous Cyber Crop over the weekend (which is still going until Thursday night at midnight so click here to join in).

Today I wanted to share with you all some fabulous projects I have created using WOW Embossing Powders and stamps. I have to say that I am truly in LOVE with these gorgeous products! I have never used an easier emboss powder and they are so fun to play with and find new ways to use them.

First up I wanted to show you a layout of my gorgeous girl Mia when she was just a bub. For this layout I have used a Pink Paislee mask with some versamark on the background randomly.


Now as you can see, I did not only use one colour for this background. I have actually used the WOW Magenta, Suzy West Whirly Pop and the Suzy West Bubblegum Colours. These colours are all divine and together they just looked amazing! All I have done to get this effect is simply sprinkling the emboss powder randomly over the versamark in each of the colours. The mixed colours I have then kept in a seperate jar to useon something else as I love mixing colours! LOL here are some close up pics of the background as well as the A2Z Scraplets Butterfly flourish which I have also embossed.



Next up I wanted to share with you some layouts I have created using emboss powders that have been mixed together. This first bathtime layout actually has quite a lot of embossing powder used. I have embossed the background using a piece of bubble wrap and the Suzy West Bay Area Blue WOW Emboss Powder. I have then used a mask on the scalloped circle cutouts and I have embossed using the Suzy West Collection Colours Whirly Pop, Sour Lemon, Cotton Candy & Gummi Bear Green.



Here is a closeup of the title where you can see that I have mixed the Suzy West WOW Collection Colours Bay Area Blue & Cotton Candy together. I just adore this effect! I also use the Suzy West Colour Sour Lemon on the little rubber ducky.


This next layout will not sit straight so I do apologise for the sidewards picture. I have again mixed colours together for this layout. For the Chipboard title, I have used the WOW Embossing Powder Black Glitter for the word COOL and then I have mixed the Puff Skyline Grey with the Bay Area Blue Regular powder. This created the most amazing effect because of the 2 different consistencies. The title actually looks grainy now as if I have covered it in grey sand over the Bay Area Blue colour. Very very cool for a cool dude boys page! 


A quick closeup to show the awesome texture.


Last but not least tonight I wanted to show you this gorgeous dress i created for my mannequin I purchased from Sweet Little Birdy. I have had the plan to do this for quite some time and I have finally got around to finishing it off! 


I have used the divine Teresa Collins Posh Collection for this little dress along with WOW Black Glitter Embossing Powder and a Martha Stewart Border Punch. The necklace is also a Teresa Collins Blingage!


To create this I simply made a "pattern" for my skirt panels (it was my first attempt making a pattern for ANYTHING lol so if I can do it anyone can!). Next up I cut out 1 inch thick strips of my patterned paper and then got to work using the border punch along each one. I then used my versamark ink pad along the edges and embossed with the Black Glitter Powder. Without embossing, the skirt ruffles were lost and not visible. Inking would look good too but the glitter embossing just makes it shine and sparkle!

Because the paper is such good quality, I could not sew the panels together or stick them so I have actually stapled them together and then glued with back with Helmar 450. There is also a subtle Hot Pink Green Tara Mesh Ribbon Pettiskirt under there too!

Hope you loved my WOW factor for this month! If there is anything you are dying to see created with emboss powders or anything else, please feel free to leave a comment and I will be sure to fit in a blog post for you :)

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER OUR $50 VOUCHER GIVEAWAY AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN TOO. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Until next time...
Happy Scrapping!

Amy xxx