Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Scrapware Birdhouses

Hi everyone and thanks for reading :) Tonight I thought I would share with you the fabulous Birdhouse set from Scrapware that I created. I am very fond of this project and it is always a talking point with guests who also love it!

This is the set and it is available for purchase on our website here as you read along the blog you will see various url links when I am talking about certain products. These links will take you to The Scrapbooking Haven website where you can purchase that particular product :) TFL





As soon as I saw these gorgeous chipboard birdhouses I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to do and I just knew it would take pride of place on my desk in my office/scraproom. My scrap room is themed black, white & hot pink so I of course had to go with the colour theme but I just love Pink so it was never going to be hard for me LOL


First thing I did was paint the entire project black so all the wood dowels/base and the chipboard pieces of the houses were entirely painted. I then chose the papers I would use for the little houses. I ended up choosing 7Gypsies Ville Paper for the roof tops, and Prima Flights of Fancy Tip Toe & Faith Papers for the walls. I also place some black cardstock behind the windows. I sanded and inked all the edges of paper with Black American Crafts Ink.


For this house I added a little humming bird charm that I simply cut the ring off (easily done with bolt cutters or even long nose pliers) and I added some Glimmer Glam behind him to bring him off the paper a bit. I then used an old rubon I had in my stash but added some Kaisercraft Basics Range Black Rhinestones for a bit of dimension and bling. I also added this gorgeous black lace around the bottom of each of the houses. This was the first thought I had when designing this project in my head and I think it looks super cute!


For this house I added our gorgeous owl charm to the window so it looked like he was in his home. I then found an old chipboard tag in my stash and some embroidery ribbon. I glimmer misted the chipboard tag and wrote WELCOME on it and of course I added the gorgeous black lace again. Doesn't he look right at home in there :)


For this house I added a bit of girlieness. I had this 3D butterfly in my stash and then added some Prima Roses, some ZVA Roses and some Green Tara Mini Roses & Black Stem Sprays. I inked some of the edges just to add some distressed edges to some of the flowers that looked a bit too neat for the overall look.


For the base I added a variety of flowers from both my stash and the store. Most of the flowers are Prima. The grass is actually an RW Lasercut chipboard that I have cut down to the size that I needed. After cutting it down I have painted it with black Kaisercraft paint and coated it in a layer of Pink Glimmer Glam. I considered adding Dimensional Magic after that but figured the diressed effect of the glimmer glam was better as it is so uneven now.


This gorgeous little cat charm I figured would be such a cute addition to the project. His head is tilted in just the right direction to make it look like he is staring at the birds awaiting his chance at a feast! hehehehe. And call me crazy but I have waited for ages to find a project to use this gorgeous little guy :) I have again snipped the ring off the top.


In amongst the array of beautiful Prima Flowers is this inspiring sign. I love surrounding myself with inspiring items and sometimes words are simply all you need. These words are rubons from my stash but I have used them on the Prima Fairy Flora Chipboard Journal boxes. The glitter amongst the flowers is definately eye catching in the right light and I always love a bit of bling no matter how I get it on a project LOL Then I have added another metal bird charm on the journal box from the American Crafts Mementos range Charming.



This gorgeous Windswept tree from RW Lasercuts is so magical and enchanting I definately wanted to squeeze it on this project somewhere and I think it looks fabulous! I have coated it in the same glimmer glam I have used throughout the project. I then added our little butterfly and dragonfly charms and finally this masterpiece was complete.



I was so pleased with the end result and I love seeing this when I first sit at my desk to work everyday. There is something so enchanting and dreamy about it and I cannot help but feel inspired with it sitting here next to me. There is a world of possibilities with this gorgeous set from the fabulous Ange at Scrapware so go on a try one today and don't forget to share with us your masterpiece :) Bye for now xx