Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moments of You....Gone from this world forever in our hearts


Hi there hope your day is well I have had a horrible day started with hitting my foot with the fridge door as i closed it (yep drew blood!) and followed by taking my kids to the park and being eaten alive by mossies youch! I have so far counted 39 bites :( Anyway tomorrow is a new day LOL

So today i wanted to share a very close to my heart page. As some of you may be aware, a dear friend of mine passed away in January this year. It was so tragic especially as he left his 25 year old wife (my best friend of 15 years) and their 2 young boys behind.

This page is a double layout and the first double layout I had done in such a long time. I wanted to include a lot of photos to show lots of different "moments" of keegan. He had such a fantastic personality and i tried to show this in the page.

This layout was a very quick project and I whipped it up in one night but it was a very teary night :( I was worried to give the pages to my best friend as I did not want to upset her but she asked me to bring it to the funeral and it was proudly displayed at the wake and I was so glad that everyone loved it :) It now is on display next to his ashes which warms my heart to know it has such an important place now in my best friends house.

For this double layout I wanted to use lots of green as this was Keegan's favourite colour. I have used White Cardstock as my main paper but I have glimmer misted using Lime Green and Dragonfly colours. For the title on page 1 I used 2 chipboard titles from RW Lasercuts and I wanted to mount them differently than I normally would. I think using the different font "moments" has created a unique twist on the title. I have glimmer misted the "moments of you" title and I have used lime green Sparkle and soft flocking powder on the "moments" title. I have mounted the photos on BoBunny Flower Child Aquarius Paper which you can find on my website here. I have inked the edges with dark blue ink and have added some photo corners too. I then cut some clouds out of some blue bubbles paper I had in my stash. I created the clouds upside down to show how our world has turned upside down. I then used some mesh ribbon and mounted them on foam mount tape You can purchase the mesh ribbon here and the foam tape here. I also added some bakers twine to the sky just to add some more texture and whirl wind look to the sky. You can purchase the bakers twine here. The last elements on this page are chipboard stars to represent keegan now and I have glimmer misted these plus an arrow to show the moments of you and i have used glitz stickles for this. You can purchase glitz stickles here

For this page I have used the same white cardstock and patterned paper to mount the photos plus the clouds were created the same however on this page I have included Keegans birthdate and date of passing on one of the clouds. the bakers twine continues on from the other page also. I have added some rubons that tell a bit of a story of Keegan's personality. For the stars on this page I have added some buttons and bakers twine.
I also added a luggage tag and a vellum envelope. The vellum envelope has a message from myself to Keegan and I have added a Kaisercraft Lush Paperclip to the envelope flap. The luggage tag I have inked the edges and glimmer misted the background. I also added some velvet ribbon to the top. Using some Mini ABC from Kaisercraft and some Websters Alpha stickers I have created a subtitle "Gone from this world forever in our hearts". To finish off I added some Kaisercraft Seaside Tickets and some American Crafts Glitter brads. All these products can be found at www.scrapbookinghaven.com.au

Thanks for looking :)