Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A little crazy for Kaisercraft!

So with the Kaisercraft Design Team Call Announcement I have gone a little crazy over Kaisercraft! I have always loved Kaisercraft Products. I adore making OTP items and the Kaisercraft Beyond the Page line has always been my first choice. I also love the variety of paper lines with fantastic co-ordinating embellishments and the constant variety in collections.

Today I want to share some really simple projects that I have created over the last few days. I literally only started working on these projects 6 days ago and with 2 young toddlers I am very happy with the amount I got completed in such a small time. It is testimant to the Kaisercraft lines. I did not have to think too hard about each project because each product collection provides so much inspiration already in the products.

First up I have created an OTP item for my work desk. I have used the Bookend Drawers SB2089. The Scrapbooking Haven is out of stock of these but we can special order some in for you.

I really wanted to do an "I believe in Fairies" theme for this as I love mythical gothic fairies design. Some of you may have seen my Scrapware Birdhouses I created on a previous blog post and you can see that I have tried to compliment them in the design. My scraproom/office is pink and black themed and I will hopefully have lots of new decorative home decor items to share with you very soon as I try to complete the decorating of my work space.

For the MDF frame I have painted the entire frame with Black Kaisercraft paint. I then used the Helmar Crackle Medium step 1 & 2 to create a crackle effect on the entire black area. Unfortunately you cannot see the crackle clearly in this main picture but you can see it slightly in the closeups below.

All the drawers were covered in the new Websters Country Estate Paper Sentimental Journey and I have then painted over the paper with the same Pink Glimmer Glam I have used throughout the project. The bottom 3 drawers I have also added Scrapware Iron Gates Chipboard shapes which I have also painted with Kaisercraft black paint. As a last minute feminie touch I added some black lace to the top layers of all the drawers and some Websters Blooms ribbon on the base as a little garden effect.
I have used here a Paper Inklings Fairy Chipboard Shape which I have painted with some Pink Glimmer Glam. I have also used the Paper Inkling Round Doilies which I have glimmer misted and placed behind a Prima Fairy Flora Chipboard Journal box. Just to add a background for the flowers. The vairous flowers include Prima, Kaisercraft Paper Blooms, ZVA Roses, Green Tara Mini Rose Buds and others I had in my stash. You can view the flower range on our website here and the Prima flowers here.

Here I have used a Dusty Attic Damask Chipboard shape as the backround for the flowers and I have glimmer misted this to leave the raw colours coming through. At the front I have used an RW Lasercut Grass Border Chipboard which I have trimmed to the size I wanted. I have painted this with black Kaisercraft paint and then added somem glimmer glam over the dry paint. I have again used an array of different flowers from Prima, ZVA, My2Angels, Kaisercraft Paper Blooms, Green Tara Mini Rose buds and others from my stash.

For this top layer I have used a Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Elm Tree which I have painted with Black Kaisercraft paint and added some Pink Glimmer Glam when the paint was dry. I have mounted it on some Dimensional magic and I have also reinforced it at the back with a paddlepop stick to ensure it will stay standing for many years to come.
I have again used a variety of flowers from Prima, ZVA, Kaisercraft Paper Blooms, Green Tara Mini Rose Buds and others from my stash.
I have added another fairy chipboard to this side from RW Lasercuts. This gorgeous chipboard shape was painted with pink glimmer glam only so you could see the raw chipboard still behind it. I just love these fairies and it was much to my daughters disgust when she was told these drawers were not for her room
These new rubons from Paper Inklings are so gorgeous and unique! I loves this "I Believe in Fairies" rubon and it worked so well with the theme of this project.
In this image you can see a bit closer the gorgeous Scrapware Iron Gates. Also the Websters blooming beauty Ribbon.
Here is another angle of the completed project. I am so pleased with how this one turned out and it looks fantastic on my desk alongside the Scrapware Birdhouses I made. Now I just need to figure out what goodies I will stash in the drawers :)

Next up I wanted to share with you the gorgeous Mothers Day present I have made for my mum. I have used the Dusty Attic Ornate Frame Shadow box for this project plus the gorgeous Chanteuse Collection from Kaisercraft.
This project was simple quick and easy. I painted the frame with Kaisercraft Pretty Pink Paint and then inked the edges as best as I could. The ornate design was definately a challenge to ink around however I love the imperfection of the look it created. After inking I assembled the complete frame and measured out the inside. The walls are covered in paper from the Chanteuse 6x6 paper pad and the back of the shadow box is from the Chanteuse collection paper Marcato. A bit of doublesided tape on the back of each piece of paper and they were easily put into place after careful precise measurements. I added some Roses to the bottom of the inside of the shadow box and then used my Kaisercraft Basics Range Pearls and pearl strips to add more dimensional embellishments to the frame. Lastly I used the Brown Kaisercraft Chanteuse rubons and added them to the top and bottom. The final touch was our gorgeous cameos that we just received in stock abd Voila! completed and looking fabulous! It honestly took longer to wait for the paint to dry than it did to create and put this together I was so pleased and it looks stunning my mum is going to love it! I have some close up pics below for you.
This is just another angel to show the gorgeous paper on the inside walls.
Here is a closeup of the beautiful rubon saying that works perfectly for my mothers day gift.

Next up I want to share with you my Kaisercraft Diary that I created for myself. This first image shows both the front and back covers. I have used the LoveNotes collection for this diary as it still works well with my office theme of pink and black. I also made myself a bookmark using a Luggage Tag and the LoveNotes Collection
For both covers I have used various papers from the Love Notes Collection and I have cut them into different size squares and rectangles, distressed the edges and machine sewn around the edges. I then adhered to the MDF cover which I painted black using Kaisercraft paint. I was then ready to embellish
The Luggage Tag I have glimmer misted and when dry I inked the edges with black Kaisercraft ink pad.
Starting from the top left: The heart is from the LoveNotes Printed Chipboard shapes and I have added some Dimensional Magic over the top to give it more dimension and shine. On top of the heart I have fanned a piece of LoveNotes paper and adhered with Kaisercraft Glue Dots and some Dimensional Magic for a bit of reinforcement. The Live Laugh Love chipboard words are from Scrapware and worked well with the theme of both the LoveNotes collection and my office. I painted these with various Kaisercraft paints and added Dimensional Magic for some added dimension and shine. I used a lot of Dimensional Magic on this project LOL. So moving across to the right and you will see one of the LoveNotes DieCut shapes that I have actually mounted onto a Lovenotes paper and covered in dimensional magic. The colour of the diecut shape wasnt the right colour I wanted to this worked really well.
Moving down now and you will see a Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Padlock which I have painted in black Kaisercraft paint as well as some Pink Glimmer Glam and then topped it off with Dimensional Magic. I added a Pearl Brad that I had in my stash to look like the padlock was hanging off a handle.
Over to the centre is another Kaisercraft LoveNotes Die Cut Shape that I have mounted on Kaisercraft Foam Tape and I also added some lace around the edges.
To the left and you will see 2 Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Hinges that I also painted with Black Kaisercraft paint and Pink Glimmer Glam plus Dimensional Magic.
The album rings are the Kaisercraft Pink Album Rings and I have used Kaisercraft Grosgrain Ribbon packs in assorted lengths to slightly cover the album rings.
The back of the diary is no where near as detailed as the front. I have used strips of paper instead of squares and rectangles and I have only stitched around the entire edge of the cover. I used one of the LoveNotes Embellishment packs envelopes as my little secret note envelope. My husband and I sometimes write silly notes to each other so this was a cute little addition especially when my diary is sitting on my desk 24/7. I have also added one of the LoveNotes foil stickers and a die cut shape mounted on Kaisercraft foam tape displays what the envelope is there for. A couple of Printed Chipboard hearts and I was almost complete.
The last touch was the hinges to match the front. I again painted them black and used glimmer glam and dimensional magic and then very carefully I lined them up on the back to the same location as the front.
Here is a little closeup of the envelope

Here is a little closeup of the centre of the front cover.
Here is a closeup of the padlock from the front cover
Here is a closeup of the gorgeous Scrapware chipboard words
Here is a closeup of the heart with the gorgeous fan on top.
And here is the bookmark I made for my new diary. I glimmer misted some Kaisercraft Lace and put that to the side to dry while I embellished the tag. I added some simple pieces of LoveNotes Paper then this gorgeou die cut shape with the poem caught my eye and I had to use it on my bookmark. I used some more Kaisercraft White lace around the edges of the die cut shape then mounted on foam tape. I also added the other LoveNotes Die Cut on top using foam tape. A simple small rose I had in my stash and it was complete ready for the lace at the top.

Here I want to share with you all an adorable card I made using the CandyLane Collection from Kaisercraft. I also used the Kaisercraft Cards & Envelope Packs and just covered the front.

This was a very simple card to make I have simply used the main paper in my background that I cut to size. Followed by the striped paper covering the green paper and then I used a border punch to create the scalloped edges and added some Kaisercraft white lace behind. The Rosette I created using the Tim Holtz Rosette Die with my Vagabond and I have inked the edges using Kaisercraft Hot Pink ink pad. I then added the stunning Dimensional Chipboard Cupcake from the Candylane Printed Chipboard range and the card was complete. I love the simplicity of this card.
Here is a close up of the cupcake and rosette

Next I would like to share with you all a Kaisercraft Door Hanger that I made for my room (not that it means anything to my kids!)
I simply painted the door hanger black using Kaisercraft paint and chose the LoveNotes Collection to decorate
I found this heart shaped grungeboard shape from my Tim Holtz Grungeboard Elements Collection and I covered this with paper from the LoveNotes Collection as well as the hanger itself. Once the glue was dry I trimmed the edges and sanded then I inked using Kaisercraft Black Ink Pad. The rest was very simply put together. I used Black lace for the edges, then Silver Kaisercraft Basics Range Rhinestone Strips around the door handle hole and then added some Thickers onto the heart and a cupic charm. The bottom I added a Kaisercraft Basics Rhinestone heart shape and on top I added a LoveNotes Printed Chipboard shape.

Closeup of the Printed Chipboard and rhinestone shape
Close up of the Grungeboard heart and thickers.
Closeup of the Doorhanger part with the rhinestone strips and closeup of the lace.


Next up to share with you is this gorgeous layout I created using the Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills Collection. The layout is titled Presents and the photos are from my 2 year old Chloe's birthday party this year. It was the first time she was really excited about opening presents.
For this layout I have used a piece of white cardstock as the background and have cut various strips of different Bubblegum Hills patterned papers. I then doodled around the edges of each patterned piece of paper. I then mounted the photos onto more white cardstock to help them pop off the various patterned papers. I cut around in messy scallops and doodled around the edges and added some kindy glitz dots inside the scallops.

For the journalling I used some Scrapware Journalling boxes (cloud shapes) and I painted these with various Kaisercraft paints. I mounted these over 2 Kaisercraft White Doilies and used Kaisercraft Foam Tape for the smaller cloud. I also added some Bubblegum Hills Printed Chipboard shapes for more colour.
For the bottom of the photos I added some Die Cut shapes from the 6x6 Bubblegum Hills paper pad as well as from the Bubblegum Hills Die Cut Shapes Pack. I mounted these using Kaisercraft Foam Tape and I also added some Mesh Ribbon in the shape of some of the die cuts. Another Printed Chipboard Flower added to the embellishing for the bottom of the page.
Here I have added another die cut from the Bubblegum Hills Die Cut Embellishment Pack plus some Tim Holtz Adage Tickets. You can also see in this picture this scalloping around the photos close up.
For the title I used some White Glitter Thickers which I have also doodled around the edges to help them pop off the page a bit more.

Next up I would like to share a page I created using the Kaisercraft Seaside Collection.
For this layout I have used some Kraft Cardstock mounted onto a piece of paper from the Seaside Collection. I have distressed the edges of the kraft and made a little tear at the top to expose more of the patterned paper in the background
I did not want much patterned paper on this layout so I kept it very simple. I used some patterned paper again from the Seaside Collection, to mount the photo and then left the colouring of the page up to the embellishments.
For the Title I used an RW Lasercut Chipboard title that I have painted in 2 different shades of Kaisercraft paint and I have glimmer misted the bucket with Walnut Gold colour. In this photo you can see I have also added a little sun charm to the title hanging from bakers twine. For the Journalling I used the Seaside Collection Tickets.

I used almost the whole pack of Seaside Collection Printed Chipboard on this layout. Here you can see I have used the 2 surfboards and the hibiscus flowers.

Here you can see I have used more of the Printed Chipboard in the Seaside Collection. I used the little beach huts above the word "Sandcastles" and I mounted the middle one using double sided tape while the other outside 2 are mounted with Kaisercraft Foam Tape so they could easily overlap a bit.

For the bottom part of the title I used some Thickers and then some more Printed Chipboard from the Seaside Collection. Final touch was the Diecut shape from the Seaside Diecut Embellishment pack.


Next up I have created a layout using the Kaisercraft Class of 87 Collection. I LOVEEE this collection! It is so bright and gorgeous and there is so many great elements to it that I am wanting to create Mia's entire school years album around this collection.
I have used the 12x12 Die Cut Tuck Shop paper for the background for this page. The only thing I added to the background paper before embellishing was the rubons down the left side. This is from the Colour Rubons from the Class of 87 Collection.
There is lots going on on this page and I love how all the bright colours work together so well! First thing I did was mount the photos onto Assembly paper and I used a tiny bit of doublesided tape at the back so I could easily slide things behind the photos while I was still working out what would slide in where etc etc.
For the bottom of the photos I have used an actual measuring tape as ribbon. I have machine sewn it to the perfect pleat then I adhered it over the red ribbon which I had leftover from the Kaisercraft Dear Santa Embellishment Pack. I then added some Class of 87 Printed Chipboard shapes. There were 2 different size reward ribbons that I layered over each other and added a Class of 87 Reward Sticker to the top. I then added some dimensional magic on the reward sticker as well as on the coloured parts of the printed chipboard shapes of the children.

The cute little saying on this Class of 87 Die Cut Shape was too cute not to include so I added that and used some dimensional magic over the strip of striped colour. I then added this gorgeous crochet apple from Boutique Creations and another Printed Chipboard apple to the left from the Class of 87 Printed Chipboard pack.

For the journalling I used these gorgeous die cuts from the Class of 87 Die Cut Embellishment pack. The "my first day" is from the Class of 87 6x6 Paper Pad. I just love how the 6x6 paper pads come with die cuts as well!! All these die cuts have dimensional magic added to the thick borders. Just for more dimension and shine

For the banner I have used the foil flags from the Class of 87 6x6 paper pad as well as some bakers twine. To get the bakers twine to stick, I find the best thing to use is the Kaisercraft glue stick, put the twine onto an old packaging of a product or something you dont mind having coverd in glue and simply coat the twine in as much glue as you possibly can. You can also use the palm of one of your hands if you don't mind getting a bit gluey! Once the twine is covered in the glue you can place it on the page exactly how you like twisting and turning and putting pressure on when you are ready for it to stick permanently. Be sure to trim the edges of the twine before the glue dries as it is a lot harder to trim after it has dried and hardened.

For the title I used the abc from the Class of 87 Printed Chipboard Pack and I added some Dimensional Magic to this. For the rest of the title I used Kaisercraft Chipboard letters painted using various Kaisercraft paints and covered with Dimensional Magic. To the left is a Die Cut shape from the Class of 87 Die Cut Embellishment pack which I have covered in Dimensional Magic and then added some silver brads to the inside.

Next up I would like to share a very simple page I created using the Kaisercraft Hippy Girl Collection.
For this page I have used the Hippy Girl Speciality Glitter Delilah paper for the main background then another square of Hippy Girl Earth Paper for the centre that I have cut using the Scallop blade on my Kaisercraft Paper Trimmer. I then inked the edges using Kaisercraft Brown Ink. For the back of the photos I have used a Rectangle Doilie from Paper Inklings and for the title I have used some Thickers, some Kaisercraft Avocado ABC and a Kaisercraft Copper Rhinestone stars that I have written STAR inside.

For the journalling I have used a Hippy Girl Diecut from the Diecut embellishment pack and I have mounted this onto Hippy Girl Spirit patterned paper and trimmed to the right shape. It brought it off the page better with the added dark paper around. I mounted it onto the page using Kaisercraft Foam tape then used some of the Kaisercraft Doilies above it. The doilies are from the Retro pack and the colours worked really well with the colours of this paper, etc.

Above the Photos I have used this gorgeous Prima Rhinestone flourish which I have mounted onto Hippy Girl Collection Fern Specialty Diecut paper and then trimmed around. Below the photos I have used another diecut from the Hippy Girl Diecut Collection and I have added some Bud n Bow Ribbon to finish the page off.

I hope you have enjoyed this ginormous blog post. It is full of lots of inspiration and techniques. Be sure to share my blog with your friends if you enjoyed reading and don't forget to click the Follow button on the networked blogs section of my blog.

Throughout this post there is various hyperlinks you may have noticed. These are links to the product mentioned on the Scrapbooking Haven's website. If a link was not provided, then that product is either not available or is out of stock at the Scrapbooking Haven.

Thanks for reading!
Amy xxx