Please excuse any untidiness while I makeover my blog among other projects and endeavours.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bliss Terrace Kit - Polkadot Place

Well as soon as I received this goodie pack from the Polkadot Place I couldn't wait to have a play with the goodies.


First up I have made a page for my darling daughter Mia. These pics were taken when she was only 7 months old and she just loved these sunglasses!

My future is so bright... I have to wear shades!

I love these Sassafrass layered die cuts. I have used 3 here and they are just incredible. I have mounted them on foam tape and layered them over each other for this gorgeous effect. I also mounted the photos over a couple of different patterned papers in the kit so I could bring the colours of the flowers and the background paper together more. I also loved using the Border stickers that were included in the kits. The alpha used is both from this kit and the last Polkadot Place kit.

Here is a different angle so you can see the dimension of the die cuts plus the doodling around all the edges.
And a quick close up to see the gorgeous piccies of my darling Mia :)

Next up I created this page really based on the photos I had. I loved the paper choices they worked really well.

Spiderman Kadin...

For this layout I used the sketch from the Scrapbooking Haven's Monthly sketch challenge this month. The papers all worked so well together with the fabric that was included in this kit. Layering the layers I distressed the edges of the paper and curled them up then I pulled back some of the cord from the fabric. A last minute addition was some Cotton Black Ric Rac i had in my stash and the background was almost complete. Finally I wanted to make some spider webs. There wasn't enough bakers twine in the kit so I grabbed some red bakers twine from the Scrapbooking Haven and I have used about 2metres for the entire webs I Have created. All I did was cover the twine in my glue stick then I had my scissors handy and created away placing all the pieces and pressing firmly when I was confident everything was in place perfectly. The webs were actually a lot easier than I originally thought. They aren't perfect but hey is there such thing as perfection with scrapbooking :)

For the journalling I have used lots of elements from the Bliss Terrace Kit plus some Tim Holtz Journalling tickets. I then added a Kaisercraft Black Rhinestone Arrow Swirl. The whole page really came together
Here is a close up of on of the Scrapbooking Haven spider charms and one of the webs. I have used lots of these little charms on the page.

I have used some Kaisercraft Red & Black Pearl Strips and added another border sticker trimmed between the 2 photos with lots of little spider charms.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the awesome monthly kits at the Polkadot Place! Bridgette will be happy to take care of you if you want to setup for monthly subscriptions